1.01.2012

winter palette 1.01.2012

A short winter stay in Two Dot began with a little desperation to settle down, to get the most of minimal interruptions and a long horizon. Of course there was family to enjoy, food to cook, food to eat and flies to vacuum…all important. But finally, looking out my six square windows, there is the openness, the stillness I long for.
Even with no snow, or ice, or frost the air is glittering under a bright winter blue sky. Bare cottonwoods and chokecherries stand in deep dark contrast to yellowy beige fields. It is not motionless. A roaring wind ripples through every bit of plant life, but it is constant and steadying. I will not read the whole stack of books I brought or get to all the projects on my list, but I am re-calibrating in a dreamy color palette.